The first thing you need to do is find a craps table and be sure that the minimum bet amount is within your budget range (here you can check how to manage the money when playing craps). Then you need to put down on the table the money you are ready to bet so that the dealer will exchange it for chips. When changing chips back to money however, this cannot be done at the table, you need to go to the cash desk.
Players take it in turns to roll the dice and if you walk up to a table and someone is rolling, you then have to wait until the following “come out” roll prior to placing your bet. As soon as a shooter rolls a seven after a point has been established better known as ‘sevening out’, the next player will become the shooter.
In order to lay down a Pass Line Bet, you put your bet on the Pass Line prior to the shooter rolling his come out roll. For instance, if you bet $10. The shooter starts off with a hot hand and rolls a seven straight away, this would mean that you have doubled your money and you now have $20. At this point you can choose to either collect your winnings and leave your original bet on the table or else you can do what is called ‘ pressing your bet’. Let’s say you decide to do this.
At this point the shooter happens to roll an 8, therefore the 8 becomes the point. Remember before you see a 7 now, you would want to see another 8. Here the dealer places a white puck on the number 8 in The Place Bets section to mark the point. If instead of a white puck there is a black puck showing, then this means that no point has been set.
Now the next roll happens to be a 3, after that a 5 and last but not least two fours or better still an 8 the hard way. This would mean that you have just doubled your money one more time. Here you can choose if you want to collect your winnings or put down another one for the next roll. And there my friend is all you need to know about the most basic craps game.
For anyone to whom basic play is already known, we have also explored some of the more advanced tactics and strategies to win at online craps in the section titled Winning Strategies.
- When you’re rolling dice, don’t polish them or blow on them, simply shake them in one hand and roll them to the back wall down the table.
- When you roll them, try and keep them on the table because if you don’t the roll will not count.
- Except for the Pass Line, Field, Don’t Pass Line, Don’t Come or Come, never reach into portions of the table, you place your own bets in those areas. For the other areas, the dealer must place the best for you.
- Unless you are leaving the table, don’t exchange lower denomination chips for higher denomination chips.
- Never touch the dealer.
- When you’re telling the dealer how much and where you want to bet, speak clearly.
- While the dice are still in the middle of the table make sure you get your bet in early. Late bets can give the impression as though you are past posting. As well, after the shooter has the dice, most dealers won’t take bets.
- According to your position at the table, dealers usually have systems for paying winnings, just be calm and wait for your turn to be paid.
- While you’re waiting to be paid, be sure not to touch your chips.
- It’s best to place your best on the table closest to where you are standing.
- Just as the dealer would be about to pay you, now is the time to tell him if you would want to press your bet. This would save him having to count out your chips twice.